RENAULT-FLINS; VICTORIOUS RESUMPTION OF THE STRIKE
– Capital believed it was attacking the weak link of the metal-working industry (an isolated factory, no union tradition, a number of immigrant workers, a fascist organisation in the factories).
– It sent 5,000 CRS, mobile guards, a half-track, etc…, to protect the scabs’ “freedom to work.”
– But the workers of Flins continue the combat. Friday, at 5:00am, they amassed with a number of students in front of the thousands of cops protecting the factory.
Workers and students overtake the CRS along the route where the cars arrive, carrying the workers who were tricked into thinking they were resuming work. They get into each car to explain the situation, and quickly all of the cars are empty and the 9,000 workers are united in a meeting to continue the strike.
– It is then (10 in the morning) that the mobile guards attack the gatherings of workers in Elizabethville. Not only do the workers have no access to their factory, but the neighboring villages are also prohibited.
– All day the workers, at first surprised and unarmed, respond and hold on before the mobile guards.
Power is forced to add 50 cars of CRS during Friday night.
This morning L’Humanité says it is the student provocateurs that are at the origin of the violence. This is a lie. It was the workers of Flins (there were 8,000 of them) who sent for the students. It was the CRS, by their scandalous presence in the factory and the surrounding area, who provoked the workers of Flins. The students who wish to retake the Sorbonne understand the workers of Flins who wish to retake their factory: that’s why they were yesterday and are still at the side of the workers in the face of the repression of the bosses and the police.
The reality: is the anger of the workers.
The reality: is the fraternization of the workers and the students.
Today the strike movement turns its eyes to RENAULT-FLlNS. Entire sectors take up the struggle again; the postal sorting offices, Berliet, etc… go back on strike, seeing in the fighting spirit of the workers of Flins the sign of an ongoing struggle for the abolition of the bosses.
The workers of Flins have opened a new stage of the struggle.
LET’S MOBILIZE; all of the businesses, all of the workers, all of the students.
LET’S REINFORCE THE STRIKE MOVEMENT.
SUNDAY AND MONDAY will be two decisive days for the workers’ struggle.
Coordination of the Action Committees of the Parisian Region
Movement of Support for the Struggles of the people
Movement of March 22