CALL TO THE POPULATION
While fighting for their claims the students of NANTERRE clashed with the forces of the police. Comrades were caught and 7 union militants were arrested and brought before the Discipline Council.
On Friday 3 May a peaceful meeting that was taking place in the courtyard of the Sorbonne, was used as a pretext for the police, at the behest of Rector ROCHE, to enter the Sorbonne for the first time since Petain, in violation of university exemption, and arrest the meeting’s participants.
This is why thousands of students spontaneously rose up against the Rector’s provocation and the brutality of the police repression. It was following these demonstrations that hundreds of students were arrested and 4 of them were sentenced to time on a prison farm.
FROM NOW ON POLICE REPRESSION IS THE LAST RESORT
OF THE GOVERNMENT TO APPLY ITS POLICIES.
Consequently, the students and teachers of the PARIS FACULTY OF SCIENCE, aware of the seriousness of the situation
– the Halt of police repression –
– the unconditional release of our convicted comrades –
– the lifting of all university and judicial sanctions –
– the retreat of the police –
– the reopening of the Faculties –
– the resignation of rector ROCHE –
– the government’s policy on unemployment –
– the expulsion and arbitrary selection of students –
– the lies of the Press –
CALL FOR :
– a university where students and teachers have real power, which today is held by the administration alone –
CALL ON THE POPULATION TO DEMONSTRATE ITS SOLIDARITY
STRIKING STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
OF THE SCIENCE FACULTY –