This actually the only example of an “response” tract that I’ve come across – it is a right-wing answer (closely following the same formatting even!) to the union tract posted previously.
WE BELONG TO
THE 75% OF
TO RETURN TO WORK
AND WE will ALL BE BE PRESENT
ON TUESDAY, JUNE 4 to assert
FREEDOM TO WORK
UNION OF ST. ETIENNE
FOR THE DEFENSE OF CIVIL RIGHTS
(Translated in Fisera – Document 85)
– The present paralysis of economic activity can only lead to unemployment and poverty.
– In your factories, workshops, offices and universities, stand up firmly against troublemakers.
– Protect the freedom of expression and the right to work, against a violent minority.
– The government of the Republic will defend law and order, and your rights, against anarchy.
– Rally sympathisers and all those that are hesitant together.
THE MAJORITY OF THE FRENCH PEOPLE IS WITH YOU!
Committees for the
Defence of the
1) Of the thousands of red flags
– flying on public buildings
– on marches and demonstrations
– in the lecture halls
2) Of the Internationale
– being sung by demonstrators with clenched fists
3) Of the French Flag
– being profaned, torn, burned in public places
– being turned into filthy rags
– and the tomb of the Unknown Soldier being defiled
4) Of the anarchy which is setting in
– the University being turned into a filthy hovel
– the CNRS in a state of cultural revolution
– the strikes
– the Odeon being turned into a rubbish dump
– the frescoes in the SORBONNE being daubed with paint.
THERE IS NO MORE LAW
Law and order no longer exits.
The communist revolution is in preparation and is scoring more points each day.
To combat the subversion which takes advantage of disorder to establish itself:
EVERYONE TO PLACE DE L’ÉTOILE, SATURDAY at 6.00 p.m.
(June 1968 – Comites pour la Defense de la Republique)
Red & Black offset on poster paper (printer: Matot-Braine)
39.5 x 19.5 cm
Beaubourg #46; Paves