(Translation – Fisera 58)
PROGRESSIVE STUDENTS PLAN
FOR A UNIVERSITY TO SERVE THE PEOPLE
The progressive students submit to the working-class masses a programme for the radical transformation of the university, with the aim of placing it under the control and at the service of the people:
- 1. Education should combine intellectual and productive labour. For a few months of the year, students will work on factory production lines, on the streets and in the countryside, in order to transform and to learn from their life with workers and peasants.
2. Universities will be completely open to workers who wish to attend courses there. All university facilities will be available to the people.
3. Higher education will reserve more than 50% of its places to working-class and peasant children.
4. All lecturers and assistants of higher education will devote a certain amount of their time to helping workers study, and especially to improving the literacy of immigrant workers.
5. Education will be reshaped, and useless subjects will be scrapped. Exams will no longer be suddenly sprung on students, who will be allowed to collaborate freely amongst themselves and with their lecturers.
To achieve this plan, the masses must unite, overthrowing Gaullist, conquering and radically transforming society.
This will only be possible if the large mass of progressive students unites closely with the mass of workers and poor peasants. Students must move resolutely towards the people, in order to support their heroic struggle against unemployment and starvation wages, against the monopolising of land and against fascism and repression in the factories.
For a people’s university in a free peoples regime.
LONG LIVE THE UNITY OF WORKERS, OF POUR PEASANTS AND OF STUDENTS.
DOWN WITH GAULLISM, THIS ANTI-POPULAR REGIME OF UNEMPLOYMENT AND POVERTY.
Movement of Support to the People’s Struggle.